The decentralized, remote environment facing managers during the past six months has showcased the importance of an operating model that harnesses automation and outsourcing. As managers shifted from the triage of remote working challenges to establishing operational continuity, many deployed digital-first managed services for their middle-office needs in order to gain efficiency, mitigate risk and reduce cost.Moving forward, the trend of outsourcing middle-office processes to digital-first managed services will only continue to grow in importance, however; asset managers will need to truly evaluate the pros and cons of each provider in order to gain maximum efficiency.
Key services and functionalities to look for when evaluating a middle-office outsourcing provider include:
- Digital-First Approach: Relies on advanced technologies—including artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and robotic process automation (RPA)—to systematize and automate the middle office. In other words, the provider starts with the process and applies a combination of technology and expertise instead of allocating hours of manual work to complex and time-consuming projects.
- Full Transparency: Provides “audit anytime” access handled by experienced specialists.
- Complete Audit Trail: A detailed view of every step in every process whenever it is needed.
- Scalability: Provides managers with the flexibility to add funds, functions or other capabilities.
- Continuous Improvement: Access to advancements and upgrades as the team leverages new technology to optimize efficiency.
- Domain Expertise: Specialists who are capable and fully informed to manage day-to-day processes.
- Timely Monitoring: Access to the modus operandi and scheduled updates for bottlenecks, if any.
- Front and Back-Office Harmony: Provides a bridge between the front and back office in order to seamlessly carry out business operations.
- Trade Matching: Assurance that trade matching would be carried out without any hassle and in a timely manner.
With IVP Middle Office Services, managers can shift their focus away from tasking processes and harness the competitive advantages of an experienced team of specialists, full transparency, timely monitoring, front and back-office alignment, and faster trade matching while simultaneously uncovering added cost efficiencies and time to devote to alpha-generating activities.
Learn more about IVP Middle Office Services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.