The quest for robust financial control and transparency has quickly evolved from an aspiration to an absolute necessity for investment firms, fund administrators, and other financial institutions — all of which are seeking innovative ways to streamline operations and mitigate errors.
Two of the most complex and time-sensitive processes in this regard are net asset value (NAV) calculation and reconciliation. Reconciliation is an inherent part of NAV validation and plays a crucial role in ensuring accurate financial information. It ensures financial records match up correctly, which involves looking at various data sources and transaction types.
Challenges in NAV calculation and reconciliation
While asset managers may delegate NAV calculation and reconciliation to third-party administrators, they retain the fundamental responsibility for accuracy. Unfortunately, NAV calculation and reconciliation often require substantial investments of time and effort in meticulous, manual number-crunching within daily spreadsheets. This creates numerous challenges:
- Inconsistencies: Manual data entry and disjointed data transfer between systems often lead to inconsistencies, impacting the accuracy of financial information.
- Human errors: Manual processes introduce the risk of human errors, which can hinder operational efficiency and increase discrepancies.
- Delayed insights: Traditional reconciliation methods, while time-tested, can be slow to provide insights. These delays hamper prompt identification and resolution of issues.
- Complexity: Reconciling financial records involves complex comparisons of data sources and transactions, all of which can be prone to mistakes.
- Financial losses and compliance issues: Errors in NAV calculation and reconciliation can lead directly to financial losses and regulatory non-compliance.
- Higher costs: As operations expand, manual reconciliation processes become resource-intensive and inefficient, adding to operational costs.
Advantages of combining NAV and reconciliation solutions
Together, NAV calculation and reconciliation solutions can give financial organizations a clearer, more accurate picture of their financial position. NAV solutions help calculate the value of assets and liabilities, while reconciliation solutions ensure all transactions are correctly recorded. By using these solutions together, financial organizations can achieve transparency with a real-time view of financial data that allows more informed decisions and easier risk identification.
- Inconsistencies: The IVP Reconciliation solution automates comparison across data sources, ensuring accuracy and minimizing discrepancies. This process aligns with the IVP NAV Solution to maintain consistent and error-free financial data.
- Human errors: By automating reconciliation, the IVP Reconciliation Solution eliminates the risk of manual data entry errors. In the same way, the precision of the IVP NAV Solution’s calculations reduces the risk of human error.
- Delayed insights: The IVP Reconciliation Solution offers real-time insights into discrepancies, enabling swift issue identification and resolution. This data complements the IVP NAV Solution, ensuring the NAV remains current and precise.
- Complexity: The IVP Reconciliation Solution simplifies intricate data reconciliation. Accurate reconciliation data feeds into the IVP NAV Solution, making accurate NAV calculation easier.
- Financial losses and compliance issues: Both solutions improve accuracy to mitigate financial losses and non-compliance risks. Accurate reconciliation data and NAV calculations yield trustworthy, compliant financial information.
- Higher costs: Automation reduces manual effort and frees up resources. Streamlined data flow from one solution to the next also enhances efficiency and reduces operational costs.
This reconciliation solution uses AI and ML to increase efficiency, accuracy, and flexibility. It features “any-to-any” reconciliations, including bank reconciliation, and processes millions of transactions in minutes.
Latest blogs delivered right to your inbox
Resources For Growing Your Firm
IVP’s FinanceForward Thinking
Discover the latest trends, find out how your peers are accelerating their digital transformations, get updates on evolving products, and more.