LPGP Connect partnered with Indus Valley Partners alongside, Darby Dent, Principal on the Portfolio Management – Owl Rock Capital Partners for a webinar on Thursday 30th March to discuss “Enabling Transparency and Reporting as you Scale your Private Funds AUM.” In this webinar the discussion was around key challenges private funds faced on the overall platform (tech/operations) as they scaled AUM, enabling transparency by building core competency around data management in their infrastructure, and best practices to enable data management in private funds.
- Challenges in private markets include capturing data and being transparent with reporting, as there is unstructured data and inconsistent financial KPIs across borrowers and industries.
- Having a strong data structure and model in place is crucial for effective reporting and analysis and how without it, manual processes can become more common and issues can arise.
- Difficulties that private funds face on the overall platform (tech/operations) as they scale AUM.
- A data warehouse can be a central hub for all information, ensuring everyone is looking at the same data and avoiding duplicating inputs. Enabling transparency by building core competency around data management in your infrastructure
- Building processes and a centralized repository for information from different sources is necessary for effective decision-making.
- Best practices to enable data management in private funds
Product Demo: IVP for Private Funds
Latest blogs delivered right to your inbox