Asset managers constantly seek to optimize processes and increase operational efficiency. One critical aspect to consider is cash settlements, which involve the timely and accurate transfer of funds and securities. While traditional manual cash settlements are decentralized, time-consuming, and prone to errors, automated cash settlements can help asset managers streamline operations, mitigate cash management risks, and unlock significant growth potential.
Implementing a centralized, automated cash management settlements solution can deliver a range of benefits that significantly improve operational efficiency. These benefits include:
- Higher productivity: Manual, decentralized cash settlements are labor-intensive, time-consuming, and prone to inaccuracies. By automating these processes and centralizing cash settlement operations, funds can streamline the workflow, minimize the need for manual intervention, and eliminate duplicated efforts.
- Better risk mitigation: Settlement errors and delays can result in financial losses, reputational damage, and regulatory non-compliance for funds and asset managers. By integrating risk management controls and validation checks within an automated cash settlements solution, asset managers can achieve real-time monitoring and early detection of potential issues, both of which enable proactive mitigation of cash management risks.
- Real-time monitoring and control: Automated cash settlements give buy-side firms comprehensive visibility and control over settlement processes. These solutions provide real-time access to transactional data, cash positions, and settlement status, so firms can make informed decisions promptly. With centralized control, firms can monitor and manage settlement activities across various asset classes, counterparties, and markets, ensuring compliance, optimizing liquidity management, and reducing cash management risks.
- Improved straight-through processing (STP): Straight-through processing refers to the seamless, automated flow of transactions from initiation to settlement, which does not require any manual intervention. Centralized, automated cash settlements enhance STP capabilities, enabling funds to achieve higher rates of successful, error-free settlements.
- Enhanced reporting and analytics: Centralized, automated cash settlements generate comprehensive and accurate transactional data that can be leveraged for advanced reporting and analytics. Asset managers can get valuable insights into settlement patterns, trends, and performance metrics, as well as identify areas for improvement, optimize operations, and make data-driven decisions more easily.
How IVP Can Help
The comprehensive and fully customizable IVP Cash Management Solution provides automated cash settlements, balance monitoring, and straight-through processing (STP) via the SWIFT or host-to-host payment process. It centralizes all balances for unified control of cash management risks and regulatory compliance, with full transparency and multi-level access control for efficient cash management.
Cash Management Solution
A customizable cash management solution for processing payments and monitoring balances via STP. This ISO 20022-compliant solution centralizes balances for unified risk control and regulatory compliance and ensures that counterparty data is validated once and then made instantly available for future automated payments based on configurable rules. A comprehensive and customizable solution for cash settlements, balance monitoring, and straight-through processing (STP). Our cash management solution includes features like SWIFT payment processing and ensures that counterparty data is validated once and then made instantly available for future automated payments based on configurable rules. The solution centralizes all balances, providing unified risk control and regulatory compliance.
Latest blogs delivered right to your inbox
Resources For Growing Your Firm
IVP’s FinanceForward Thinking
Discover the latest trends, find out how your peers are accelerating their digital transformations, get updates on evolving products, and more.