Expense Allocation Solution
Indus Valley Partners’ Expense Allocation Solution for private equity and hedge funds is an expense allocation tool that simplifies the allocation of expenses to funds and management companies, eliminates risks and speeds up the invoice processing. Expense Allocation Solution offers a smart way to streamline fund allocations by improving accuracy and efficiency through automation, reducing the risk of human errors, and ensuring full compliance. Expense Allocation Solution automates complex and fund specific allocation rules so that the in-house teams can process most allocations quickly, and can devote more resources on exception handling.
Expense Allocation Solution also helps asset managers and private equity to track expense allocations and accounts payable through customizable and powerful reports. Expense Allocation Solution includes easy to set up invoice approvals along with a detailed audit to track the approvals, rejections and changes thus eliminating the need for a separate invoice/expense management software.
Innovative reports to track vendor payments, fund reimbursements and approvals. Flexibility to add new allocation and reallocation rules. Easy to detect and correct discrepancies.
Ensure allocations align with fund offering documents, fiduciary duty, and SEC expectations. Detailed, well-defined allocation policy/practices and exceptions reporting combined with a complete audit trail for auditor review.
Powerful out of the box reporting along with the ability to add custom reports in all major formats (csv, excel, json). Power BI dashboards that can be customized as per the need. Powerful data grids to customize view experience for each user.
Easy to set up allocation rules across funds, deals, business segments etc that can be reused across invoices. Pre-built connectivity with leading T&E and AP systems. Capture data with OCR to eliminate manual invoice coding. Automated alerts and warnings that keep you in the know.
What’s Possible with Expense Allocation Solution
Expense Capture and Tracking
Contract and Services Management
Integration with GL systems
Expense Allocation Simplified
Customizable financial and operational dashboards make it easy to track and report value. Review compliance checks, vendor analytics, and expense allocation reviews with visualizations for multi-layered structures.
Comprehensive support for vendor payments and reimbursement to management companies. Vendor onboarding, vendor contract management and reconciling contracts with invoices.
Solve Complex Allocation Scenarios
Supports complex allocation rules and methods, including those based on AUM, NAV, committed capital, or other metrics, to reduce manual intervention and human error. Also supports allocations to deal/investment ownership structures. Rules are template-based, so they can be set up once and used consistently.
Fully Customizable Workflows
Easy to customize workflows to handle the invoice approval process with no limits to the number of approvals per chain. Ability to apply soft and hard checks to facilitate the approvals and improve overall efficiency.
In-built support to facilitate integration with Concur, Workday, GP, NetSuite, and other popular platforms. Customized extracts for integration with any in house applications. Support for both file (excel, csv, json etc) and API based integration.
Four Critical Benefits Of
IVP Expense Allocation Solution
Explore the Workflow
- Pre-defined adapters capture invoices and T&E
- Auto-reading/coding of invoices using OCR (optical character reader) helps save time
- Out-of-the-box APIs integrate with related systems
- Simple and complex allocation rules codified in reusable templates
- Deal structure setup and support for pass-through allocations
- Allocations based on NAV, AUM, or committed capital or any other metric
- Non conventional allocations such as timesheet hours or employee-based allocations
- Exception handling
- Rule-based routing of expenses to approvers
- Configurable auto-approval rules reduce workload
- Customizable compliance rules and checks
- Exception reporting for failed expenses or compliance breaches
- Automated wires/SWIFT messages for approved invoices to pay Vendors
- Flexible workflow to either pay Vendors directly from Funds or pay from Management Company
- Capability to pre-fund Management Company from Funds before paying the Vendors
- Capability to reimburse Management Company from Funds after paying the vendors
Finding The Right Solutions
IVP’s offering has the breadth found at the largest global, multi-line technology providers combined with the specialized knowledge, innovation, and service found at leading boutiques.
RESOURCES FOR GROWING YOUR FIRM
IVP’s FinanceForward Thinking
Discover the latest trends, find out how your peers are accelerating their digital transformations, get updates on evolving products, and more.