IVP is looking for talented Technical Writers to join our team in Noida.
At IVP you will be part of a diverse and open-cultured development team, gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging problems in the industry.
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating IVP Product Documentation, including User Manuals, Online Help, and Installation Guides. This role is an integral part of the team that will develop processes and procedures for producing documentation based on topic-based authoring and content reuse.
- Independently research, develop and write software documentation for IVP Products including but not limited to:
- Release Notes
- Installation Guides
- API Guides
- User Manuals & Reference Guides
- FAQ Documents
- End User Training Material
- Training Deck
- Trainer Guides
- Case Studies
- Post Training Tests
- Online Help Systems
- Gathering information about functionality, features, and flows of software tools by using software, technical specifications, feature demos, and by interviewing software engineers as well as business analysts.
- Understand and follow technical writing concepts, processes, authoring tools, and issues.
- Prepare User Documentation based on Globalization and Multi-lingual support.
- Solve complex documentation issues and consider the customer impact of the documentation.
- Constantly evaluating information needs of clients and developing creative solutions to address them.
- Complete complex documentation assignments on-time, following documentation development processes..
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- 3+ years of technical writing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Mass Communication, Journalism, Engineering or any other related field.
- Outstanding writing skills, with excellent command over English language – namely, of grammar, syntax, diction, and the conventions and best practices of writing a variety of technical documents for complex software products.
- Strong ability to collaborate with subject matter experts (Business Analysts as well as Software Engineers) to research a software product, determine functionality and design features, then communicate those effectively to the user.
- Strong knowledge of core technical communication concepts, such as topic-based authoring, minimalism, task-oriented design, single-sourcing.
- Understanding of core information development processes: content planning, content creation, content review.
- Ability to understand user profiles and to create content targeted appropriately to meet user goals.
- Ability to communicate with others, listen effectively, interview and gather information from sources at all levels in the organization, and work with varying levels of staff.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle changing priorities.
- Experience working in DITA or a structured authoring environment.
- Proficiency in any authoring tool(s) (MS Suite, Adobe FrameMaker, WebWorks ePublisher, oxyGen Author, MadCap Flare)
- Proficiency in any graphic tools (MS Visio, Adobe Illustrator, SnagIt)
- Proficiency in any content management systems.
- Knowledge of Capital Markets and Financial Concepts
- Experience with version control systems, such as SVN and Git.
- Experience documenting APIs and command line interfaces..
- Working knowledge of the relational database technologies, including MS SQL Server and MySQL, and the principles of data-driven client server applications. Working knowledge of SQL statements is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Lean software development processes and how to follow processes for information development.
Working knowledge of major aspects of software design, development, and QA and how they affect the information development process