Indus Valley Partners (IVP) is currently looking for entry-level Junior Business Analysts to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an established technology solutions and consultancy in the alternative investment financial services industry.
Our Junior Business Analysts (JBA) are involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle and work hands on with client stakeholders during the consulting, design, and production stages of each engagement.
- Serve as the “liaison” by gathering and analyzing business requirements from client and user groups and then communicating these requirements with development and software engineers.
- Learn and develop understanding of IVP solutions and where they fit in the client workflow
- Hone client skills by gathering requirements from client discussions, interviews, testing, analysis, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Document and present requirements effectively
- Work closely in coordination with development teams to implement and develop technological solutions that satisfy client needs
- Iterate on designs based on user feedback and UAT testing until solutions effectively meet end user requirements
- Lead the implementation cycle, drive decisions, track and document issues, and assist in managing and meeting tight deadlines while working with cross-functional teams to see projects from concept to completion
- Ability to discuss, manage, document, and design decisions to varied audiences
- A demonstrable interest in both finance and technology with a high degree of computer literacy
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude, willing to take initiative and work through all obstacles to accomplish tasks
- Outstanding communication is a must – presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills are critical for the role
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability, able to think, and act decisively
- Ability to thrive when working with multiple groups in a variety of settings with ability to listen, articulate positions, advocate designs, and affect change
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic background
- Must be open to travel
- Understanding of alternative investments and the financial services industry – preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint (databases and knowledge of SQL is also preferred)
Indus Valley Partners offers a competitive salary and benefits package.